Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Funny Moment in Little Rock
Forgot to share a very funny doctor appointment we had a couple of days ago. My mom proceeded to tell Dr. B that she felt that it might be a good idea to hospitalize me when I get the high dose of melphalan since when I had a small dose, I proceeded to throw up entire night. Dr. Barlogie turns to my mom and replies “F*** NO, I WILL NOT PUT HEALTHY PEOPLE INTO THE HOSPITAL” I found the response funny and less shocking. Not sure what was the expression on my mom’s face but something made the doctor do a double take on my mom. Mom responded “DON’T WORRY – THAT DID NOT SHOCK ME. I AM IN CONSTRUCTION BUSINESS” Classic, just classic. Anyhow the doctor winked at my mom and all was well. I have to tell you – I felt so much better after that appointment. Just amazing! Dr. B made a couple of calls and promised me that I will not have such a reaction again – I will be well pre-medicated beforehand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello, Lina:
ReplyDeleteWishing you the best during your treatment in Little Rock. I began at MIRT in Nov. 2008, went through Total Therapy 4 and am back home in Missouri in complete remission and doing well. There are tremendous strides being made in MM and you are in a premier location to benefit from the advancements. Stay positive, you will get through this! BB is a funny guy and he and his staff are passionate about making you you healthy. I look forward to reading about your journey. Sean M.
Linachka,
ReplyDeleteLOL.. ha ha ha.. love ya
Marina and Stan
p.s zofran will be your best friend
Well said Valentina...well said. You are a Woman of Kiewit. We've heard our share. Especially with your many years.
ReplyDeleteMonica
Hi Linachka,
ReplyDeleteWow! I like this Dr.; he has hutzbah! And your Mom's response was awesome - I can relate!
Hugs and kisses,
Natasha