Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hello All!

I can report a good Tuesday today! That after not so good weekend. I gave mom a major scare this Saturday. On our way out of the hospital Saturday morning I fainted. Since it was Saturday there was not a sole around...anyhow, after major screaming on my mom’s part someone came running with a wheelchair. Mom took me back to the clinic, they pumped 2 liters of H20 and I was good as new – sort of…. Any how, it took us sometime to recover from all that excitement – more mentally… On Sunday, I was wheeled into the clinic in the wheelchair – just in case precaution. Today, a nice nurse told me that people fainting happens quite a bit and her non-scientific observation is that it happens more to tall people… hmmm.. good to know. So we take all the precaution now as I put one foot in front of the next or resort to be wheeled in in a wheelchair with a mask on – we both have to simple just laugh – not sure what else you can do at a time like that. Forgot to mention, I have to wear a mask when I am outside since my white blood count is non existent, I need to stay germ free…
We are now waiting for my blood counts to rebound and once they do, I should be ready for stem collection.
Mom’s Birthday was yesterday and a very nice lady from work sent her banana bread – it arrived exactly on the 25th so that was just awesome – we had a birthday cake! Banana bread was amazing! I don’t think I ever had something so good – we need to get the recipe.

That is it from Little Rock, Arkansas.

1 comment:

  1. Linochka, wish your Mom a very happy birthday from us. May next year be filled with health and happiness for her those she loves. Stay strong and positive, get healthy, we love you, miss you, and hope to see you soon.

    Irina

    ReplyDelete