Monday, February 8, 2010

Here we go again (Induction #2)

Well… we start again. Induction #2 begins tomorrow – with full array of drugs – one of which is a small dose of Melphalan. Yes – the same melphalan that made me throw up for hours. I was assured that I will not have the same reaction this time as I will be well pre-medicated…. I hope so! We will see.
I had my line inserted today… the lovely Cook. I am now again trying to get used to it. Not fun at all.
We had an appointment with Dr. Barlogie today. For fellow MM co-travelers… I am posting my numbers after Induction #1. My bone marrow involvement went from ~50-70% to 5-10%. IGG went down from 3240 to 1860. Lambda free LT chain went down from 117 to 44. M-spike went down from 2.9 to 1.5. Total protein went down from 8.9 to 6.3 (I am now below normal). My blood counts still have not completely recovered and I am well under normal for RBC, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit – all making me anemic. However my Platelet hit an all time high of 640. I was worried that if my platelet continue to rise, my blood would turn into condensed milk. Dr. Barlogie assured me that it was nothing to worry about – all as the result of the growth shots and nothing that a little blood thinner shots will not fix.

2 comments:

  1. "...my blood would turn into condensed milk." Hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there!

    My least favorite thing (I didn't really have a favorite!) about the SCT was the line. I don't think I ever got used to it, and was so happy to have it taken out.

    Has anyone let you know that Glad Press N Seal is good for covering the area for showers?

    Beth

    ReplyDelete