Thursday, February 4, 2010

In between Induction One & Two – Enjoying a couple of days off

Happy February All – time flies when you are having fun…

We saw Dr. B on Monday and we were officially discharged till next Monday. I thought that meant I have a totally free week from the hospital. However, I soon found out that I need to report to the hospital daily for daily blood work. No big deal. The good news is that I had my Quinton (they call it the Clinton here – lovingly of course as we are in the Clinton country here) catheter removed on Monday. Wow – how wonderful it feels without any tubes going inside of you. I am truly enjoying this “time off”. I will be getting one reinstalled, a more manageable Cook version later next week. Tomorrow I have another biopsy and MRI to see how well the first Induction worked.

Meanwhile, we are actively working on getting my blood count restored. Let me explain what that means. I am eating cow liver day in and day out…. Yum! This was never my favorite food to begin with. I flush the liver down with pomegranate juice… you get the idea. Anyhow, I don’t think my eating has ever been so strategic. It is all very hard work.

Wanted to report that I collected 25 mil Stem cells. I was really disappointed when they disconnected me from the collection machine only 30 mins into it on day 2. They assured me that I have collected enough – I wanted to go for the entire time – 3 hours – and break the record. But no, they did not allow me. They have an issue with storage capacity so when they feel that you got close to 20 mil – they stop. Oh well… I guess 25 mil should be way more than enough. Each transplant requires around 5 mil.

Mr. Stukov arrives today – will be staying for the weekend! The boys get to spend the weekend with grandpa.

Trying to enjoy the “normal” life for a couple of days prior to the fun restarting next week.

That it is for now.

Hugs & Kisses

5 comments:

  1. Have fun with Mr. Stukov! We just had Sam over for dinner and another Spanish lesson, and his grandma picked him up. I hope to see him over on Sunday fro Superbowl.

    Love,

    R, R, V, J

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25 mil!!!!!!!!! You are a rockstar. They want to pull 6 mil for two transplants for me. If I am 25% of the person you are, I should be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband collected 23 million. After two sct he has 14 mil left. You are in great shape and are definately in the right place. We have met many people treated elsewhere and now are in Little Rock trying to get the damage corrected. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wishing you all good luck and very best wishes on your journey with MM from us here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete