
Have not written for a while. All is well. Induction 2 is coming to an end. Was a little weak and tired but all is good now after blood transfusion I got yesterday. I have been feeling uneasy about doing it and was putting it off. Stupid me. I felt so much better after I received it yesterday. I got two beautiful bags of blood – donated from someone from Little Rock, Arkansas. So I can now officially say that I have Arkansas blood running through my veins!
I continue to be inspired and amazed by other patients I meet here. They are all so very different, have different backgrounds, come from different states as well as other countries. What unites them all is not the disease but their determination, perseverance to fight and overcome MM and get cured! That is so incredibly inspiring to me… Every day I am reassured that I am in the correct place – the only place that will cure me.
We had a good meeting with the doctor today. Everything is going according to plan. If things continue this way, I will be ready for the first Stem Cell transplant in mid March.
Met a man here who is all by himself. So for procedures, he has to be put into the hospital. Made me think how lucky I am to have such a wonderful caregiver, my mom (i am posting her picture.) Incidentally, no one can believe here that this is my mom – everyone’s first reaction is that this is my sister – hopefully that means that mom looks really young and not that I look very old – just kidding…. You find all kind of caregivers here: parents, children, friends, there is one brother-in-law with his brother-in law, lady with her son-in-law. We are all very lucky to have a person taking care of us – not at all an easy task – emotionally or physically.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Wishing you well in this stage of the treatment. You are right that you develope a real bond with the patients and especially the nurses. Keep the great attitude.
ReplyDeleteLina,
ReplyDeleteYou have an amazing personality and I love reading your blogs... Keep up the good spirits!!
love
Stan and Marina