Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day Two Of the First Arm of the Protocol- Induction 1

Nothing new to report today – easy day with a couple of tests.

Wish me luck for tomorrow! It will be a long day. I am having a central line installed first thing in the morning (hopefully this will be under sedation as promised – I do have a nagging feeling about this, but hope I am wrong). After that I am suppose to go under a second sedation to get bone marrow biopsy for the gene array. One might ask why would you not do both procedures under a single sedation. Two sedations in a single day must not be good for person. That is exactly the question I asked and asked and asked again. I think I am getting on research nurse’s nerves at this point. But frankly I never got a good answer. It was one of these answers we usually give our kids when we don’t want to explain or not sure why ourselves: “Because I told you so.” The exact answer I got was “I spoke to Dr. XXX and the above is how he wants to proceed. He is the head MD in Interventional Radiology and he will have the final say on how he wants to proceed within your best interest”. So that was that – two separate sedations. I will tell you all about it probably on Thursday – as I don’t think I will be up to blogging or much else after that.

So two sedations will be followed my more chemo to further spice up the day…

Anyhow, that is about it for us here in Little Rock. Wish me luck!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck!

    We love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likewise :)
    Hugs and kisses,and keep up the blogging - I love keeping tabs on you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Hope everything goes quickly and smoothly. Zheluyu

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will do fine. Centarl line is not a biggie, so you will sleep a little more. Get some rest, love Lera

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Consumer team is thinking of ya and sending you best wishes! Make sure to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there.. you will be fine!!

    Luv Stan and Marina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lina! Good Luck! You are one strong cookie!
    -Masha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a great/positive attitude with a splash of humor about all this...just what you need to get through it:) Wishing you well. P.S. love the new do!

    ReplyDelete